5 STAR EDUCATION
Did you know that MPIWSC is the #5 MPI Chapter in the world? Did you know that Education plays a huge role in becoming a top chapter and for you to become a successful meeting professional? How do we do this?
5 Star Education! We start every educational opportunity with the goal of earning YOUR 5 star rating at the end of every program. Here is a brief overview of the 5 Stars of MPIWSC Educational programs:
Monthly Education - 8 times a year we bring top notch speakers and over 100 meeting professionals together for networking and education. Generally formatted as a 2 hour lunch on the last Tuesday of the month (subject to change), this is a great way to maximze your membership while furthering your career goals. Check out our events calendar for the latest listings and registration.
MPI Cascadia Educational Conference (CEC) - This annual 2 1/2 day conference is a partnership between MPIWSC and MPI Oregon and brings International level education at a regional price! With over 250 participants every year, this program features over 60 hours of education, an innovative Hosted Buyer/Tradeshow program and an incredible Gala that showcases the best the Northwest has to offer. Held the first Sunday to Tuesday in March, the savings of membership pays for itself with this conference alone. For the latest details and how to register, go to CEC's website.
MPI/PCMA Industry Summit - In collaboration with the Pacific Northwest Chapter of PCMA, over 200 professionals get together for a state of the nation for the meeting industry with the latest speakers and industry information. Created as a way to support the meeting industry after the historic 9/11 events, this Fall meeting prepares you for the year ahead and keeps you up on the latest trends. For more information, please visit the Meetings Industry Summit's website.
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) - The Certified Meeting Professional or CMP designation is the first certification any meeting professional must have. Once a year we convene a CMP study group that greatly increases your odds of passing the exam for the first time. In addition, MPIWSC offers a scholarship to the Annual CMP Conclave, an educational program just for CMPs only. Finally, almost all of our educational programs are Convention Industry Council (CIC) approved for Continuing Educational Units (CEUs) to help you renew your CMP every 5 years. For more information visit our CMP page.
Joint Association Mixer (JAM) Holiday Party - Finally, we celebrate a successful year of education with an incredible holiday party! The JAM is a collaboration of 7 meeting professional associations including ISES, NACE Seattle, NACE Tacoma, Association of Bridal Consultants, the Wedding Network USA Seattle Chapter and the South Sound Chapter, all to produce the best holiday party for us meeting professionals. Forget planning your own company party, just buy tickets to join over 350 meeting professionals for a night of food and fun. Typically held the 3rd week of December, check out our event calendar for more details.
Register now for MPIWSC events!
For additional information about our education, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MPIWSC Membership saves you significant money for all these opportunities. Click here to find out more about the member benefits!
CERTIFIED MEETING PROFESSIONAL (CMP) PROGRAM
MPIWSC CMP Scholarship for 2014-2015
MPIWSC strives to provide is members with the best educational opportunities. The CMP Scholarship is one way MPIWSC is meeting this objective.
Through the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Program, individuals who are currently employed in meeting management have the opportunity to pursue continuing education, increasing industry involvement and industry-wide recognition by achieving the CMP designation. The requirements for certification are based on professional experience and academic examination.
The CMP Scholarship provides one member recipient $500 to go towards an opportunity to further their career by becoming a Certified Meeting Professional. Congratulations to our 2013 winner, Melanie DeGrow!
Applications for the CMP Scholarship will be evaluated and awarded by the MPIWSC Board of Directors based on a specific point system. The 2014 scholarship application
is due November 28. 2014.
CMP Study Group
MPIWSC offers a study group for CMP candidates. Registration fees for the ten week program are $49 for members and $99 for non-members. View a sample CMP Study Group schedule
For more information on joining the study group, contact the CMP Committee
Steps on How to Become a CMP
The CMP Process
- Visit the Convention Industry Council (CIC) website to view the upcoming application, registration deadlines, fees and examination dates.
- Download the CMP Candidate Handbook.
- Complete the CMP Application and return it to the CIC office by the application deadline and include the $225 submission fee. The $225 fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Following notification of successful application, CMP candidates may register for the CMP examination by returning a completed registration form and $450 fee to the CIC offices before the examination registration deadline.
- Successfully complete the CMP examination.
Exam Cancellation Policy
- Applicants should complete the official application.
- The completed application form and application submission fee of $225 should be submitted to the CIC by the dates noted on the Application Deadlines & Exams Dates Schedule.
- Following each application deadline, all applications are submitted to the CMP Board for review and verification of points indicated. A minimum of 90 points is required to be approved for the examination.
- Applicants will be notified by e-mail by the CMP Boar of their eligibility to take the exam approximately 1 month prior to the next scheduled exam registration deadline.
- Application results appeals must be submitted in writing by the applicant within 14 days of notification of application results. Appeal should be directed to the CMP Board at the CIC address.
- To confirm seating for the exam, applicants must submit to the CIC the exam fee of $450. Candidates will indicate their choice of a test site by the exam registration deadline.
- Approximately 3 weeks before the exam dates applicants will be sent a written confirmation of the final exam arrangements including site, room location and time of the exam.
- Within 60 days after the exam, candidates will be notified of their exam results by the CMP Testing Agency, the Chauncey Group International. The notice includes a test report indicating areas of strength and weakness.
- Test results appeals must be submitted in writing by the candidate within 30 days of notification of exam results. Appeals should be directed to the CMP Board at the CIC address.
- Following notice of successful completion of the exam, the CMP Certificate will be awarded to the new Certified Meeting Professional.
Candidates may cancel seating for an exam by providing advanced notice in writing to the CIC. Candidates may cancel their registration with a $100 cancellation fee if written notice is received by CIC at least 30 days prior to the day of the exam. The remainder of your examination fee will be refunded. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the exam and no-shows on the day of the exam will forfeit their entire $450 examination fee.
Re-Takes of Exams
Candidates may retake the exam. The Examination Registration Fee of $450 is due by the scheduled exam registration deadline for each time an exam is administered.
The certification period is five years.
Recertification of a CMP's is based on evidence of continued accountability in the field of meeting management and continued development as a meeting professional. Recertification notifications are mailed during the first quarter of the year in which the current certification expires. Requirements are consistent with those for the original application excluding an examination.
Upcoming Application, Registration Deadlines and Examination Dates
For any additional questions, please contact the CMP Committee.
|23607 Hwy 99, Suite 2C
Edmonds, WA 98026